Friday, September 26, 2008

A New Halloween

We are now in the process of trying to decide what Connor should be for Halloween. I think this is the last year where I really have the choice, so I guess we should make it good. I was looking back through old pictures, and I saw the pictures of Connor from last Halloween. His "Gram" (my mom) has decided it is her job to furnish the Halloween costumes, and last year we got a good one--he was a cute little monkey. But it still seems so strange to look at the pictures now, because in those pictures he is actually standing up. It wasn't until closer to Christmas last year that we started noticing a problem. And now I can hardly remember him walking. Some days I want to delete all these pictures and never remember our life before we knew what the rest of his life would be like. But fortunately, his little face is so cute I just don't have the heart to do it. And sometimes I wonder if he'll ever want to see these, or will that just make it harder for him? Sometimes I really am clueless about how to handle everything. I was really just hoping to reach "An Okay Mom" status before all this, and now I'm not sure I even know what that is. What a blessing it is that it takes awhile for our kids to figure out that we're not perfect...it gives us just a little more time to try to at least look like we know what we're doing.

5 comments:

Erin said...

What an adorable picture! I totally spaced calling you back last night...sorry! I was super excited to get home for the Office!

Lynnie said...

how cute is he? we need a monkey costume cause I think that's what nathan is gonna be this year. we're going with the whole African animals theme. good luck with finding a fun costume and let us know what he turns out to be.

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I'm not sure how much this comment is worth, but from the outside perspective I think that you're doing a great job handling this situation because you're doing your best. And I think that the pictures might be helpful for him when he starts getting old enough to realize that he's different. It might help him with that. Anyway, I love you!

Jeffrey and Monica said...

my heart goes out to you. I think your doing a lot better handling this than you think!

MeganLaRue said...

wow... I can understand that...
It was January of this year that we got our diagnosis...
now although austin is still walking I look back and think about how things were before ....
about what we thought our life would be like...